OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tom Kirwan meet up idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maisie field

Tom Kirwan meet up idea Empty
PostSubject: Tom Kirwan meet up idea   Tom Kirwan meet up idea Empty3/20/2014, 2:40 am

Sorry admins,can't find this thread,so starting new one.
Is Tom Kirwan organising a meet-up?
Who is going to be there?Can anyone go?
Why is he organising it?Who will contribute?Who will benefit?Will Tom make all the decisions?
What will the meet-up people do?

I would be very interested to know about Tom's plans if he wants to share them.

best
maisie
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Tom Kirwan meet up idea   Tom Kirwan meet up idea Empty3/20/2014, 3:09 am

Good questions, Maisie!

Tom is a member (and fellow admin) on the Sangha of Buddhist Contemplatives Facebook page. He is proposing a meet-up (which Enida initially referred to in the Lounge).

The event has no connection with the OBC itself, although it is conceived as an event for people who have, or at some point have had, some connection with the OBC, and are therefore, inevitably, part of our wider sangha. Tom is planning the event for the UK. There is discussion underway here on OBCC for an event in North America as well.

Anyone may attend. It is tentatively planned for March 2015. This is very much a collective effort. The discussion around the UK event is occurring on the SBC Facebook group page. It is a closed group, but if you are on Facebook, I can add you to the group as a member.

Of course, Enida and I (and Isan, and a number of UK practitioners who are members of both internet sites) can provide additional information here, as it develops, as well.
Back to top Go down
maisie field

PostSubject: Re: Tom Kirwan meet up idea   Tom Kirwan meet up idea Empty3/20/2014, 9:26 am

Thanks Kozan
I am on Facebook but an infrequent user.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to link information to the OBC Connect site?

Sounds interesting.

all the best
maisie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Kirwan meet up idea   Tom Kirwan meet up idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Kirwan meet up idea
Page 1 of 1