OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Copies of my book - available for free

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Copies of my book - available for free Empty
PostSubject: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/22/2012, 5:39 pm

some years ago I put out a collection - acting more an editor really than an author -- called THE TAO OF NOW. It was originally titled 365 Nirvana Here and Now. The book is a collection of quotations, insights, short teachings, poems on present moment awareness. The publisher is coming out with a new edition in December and so sold me a bunch of copies of the current version at cost. So I have 50 copies of the book to give away to friends on this forum. So if you would like a copy, I am happy to send you one. Just email me your mailing address. (jcbaran@aol.com) So the first 50 requests get a free book. You can read about the book on amazon.com if you like. and the book has a bit of a website - http://taoofnowbook.com/

Frankly, I am not entirely sure why the publisher is creating a new edition. This book is not some bestseller, but I guess it sells well enough over the years that it's with creating a new cover and reissuing it.

Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/22/2012, 7:19 pm

What a nice thing to do - thanks, Josh.

Can requestors offer to cover postage costs, maybe via PayPal or something?
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/22/2012, 8:31 pm

i'm happy to cover the cost of postage.....
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/23/2012, 12:48 pm

cheers to that, Josh. I may make a donation to the Romney/Ryan campaign in your name, just to keep the good karma going . . . ha! No I won't Copies of my book - available for free 538897 Not to that pair anyway.

I'd love to have a copy of your book - will pm you with address.

Um, if you wouldn't mind signing it, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/23/2012, 9:00 pm

Dear Josh,

What a nice offer; however, since I picked up a copy when it was first published, I'm good. I have enjoyed reading it, and I'm glad to know they're republishing it.

Thank you!

mokuan
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/23/2012, 11:22 pm

Josh, I emailed my mailing address to you last night and am only now getting around to thanking you publicly. Thank you!

I look forward to the reading.
Back to top Go down
danstaples

danstaples

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty8/24/2012, 3:48 am

Hi Josh/Jitsudo,

I would appreciate a signed copy.

Thanks.

Dan Staples

51823 Highway 6

Glenwood Springs CO 81601
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copies of my book - available for free   Copies of my book - available for free Empty

Back to top Go down

Copies of my book - available for free
Page 1 of 1