OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty
PostSubject: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/6/2012, 11:19 pm

Friends,

I am infrequent visitor these days but I thought many of you might appreciate this interview with our confrere, Kyogen Carlson, on his journey with Jiyu Kennett, Shasta Abbey, the OBC, and Dharma Rain Zen Center to these present days.

Here:
http://sweepingzen.com/kyogen-carlson-interview?utm_source=Still+Point+-+July+2012&utm_campaign=July+Still+Point&utm_medium=email

Ciao,
Bill

Back to top Go down
gnorwell

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/7/2012, 1:28 am

Thanks Bill,

It's a really interesting interview. I've posted the url on the OBC Facebook website so that it can have a wider viewing within the OBC sangha.

Kind regards,
George
Back to top Go down
Anne

Anne

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/7/2012, 3:40 am

:-)
George wrote:
Thanks Bill,

It's a really interesting interview.

George has said it for me too! (-:
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/7/2012, 11:48 am

cmpnwtr wrote:
I am infrequent visitor these days but I thought many of you might appreciate this interview with our confrere, Kyogen Carlson, on his journey with Jiyu Kennett, Shasta Abbey, the OBC, and Dharma Rain Zen Center to these present days.

Thanks for the link. I had heard that Kyogen was working on this, but this is the first time I've seen it formerly presented. I find it very matter of fact. In particular I feel he has found a balance between honoring Jiyu Kennett Roshi and pointing out her shortcomings. This is much closer to the truth than accounts which wholly demonize or deify her. This isn't an exhaustive history of course - he had to leave a lot out during the interview, but perhaps he will eventually publish a more extensive account.
Back to top Go down
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/8/2012, 11:09 am

By the way, here is a link to Stephan Burckhardt's facebook page - he is mentioned in Kyogen's interview -

https://www.facebook.com/stephanckdt

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty7/8/2012, 11:39 am

I remember Stephen (Chishun) well. Both at SA and at Portland, not personally but as a member of the community, and as a friend of the Carlsons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen   Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen Empty

Back to top Go down

Kyogen Carlson interviewed by Sweeping Zen
Page 1 of 1