OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty
PostSubject: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty5/22/2011, 2:39 pm

Facebooking from Heaven, post- Rapture

Sunday, May 22

Dear Friends & Losers:

Guest what? The Rapture happened and you missed it. But I didn’t. I’m facebooking you from heaven right now. I’m here and you’re not.

At 6:00 pm on May 21, right on schedule, I ascended in a brilliant burst of rainbow light. I rose up, smelling suddenly like lilacs and red velvet cupcakes. Bingo, just like that. Up, up I went. Angels sang. Trumpets blared. I found myself all glowy and wearing a white silk caftan. And all you losers, you spiritual dwarfs, you remained stuck down THERE.

As I soared skyward, I was sure that I would be joining tens of thousands of other superior holy beings like my good self, but alas, no. It was just me, some old saints and a few random Buddhists. No popes, members of congress or basketball stars. I thought -- what the hell??? Could I be the only truly fabulous glorified one? Well, apparently so.

But here’s the wacky deal. It’s not just that I made it to heaven. All you dunderheads are actually in hell and you don’t seem to know it. That’s how stupid and blind you are. You still think you are living on good old planet earth, dancing with the stars, but no such luck.

Think about it. If you lived on a good planet, would half the population live in abject poverty on less than two dollars per day? Would four billion people not have heath care or justice or basic housing? Would you allow 35,000 children to die every single day of preventable illness? Would your leaders spend trillions on weapons and bombs and almost nothing to cure malaria or AIDS? In a an intelligent world, would human beings spend ten times more money on eye make-up than on eye care? In a sane world, could Michele Bachmann actually become President of the United States? Not a chance.

You don’t live on earth, my religious midgets. You live in an insane asylum in hell. You created these circumstances and you seem to enjoy it – at least some of the time, especially when Oprah gives you a car, or your favorite team wins one of those game played with a ball. What’s up with that?? Some of you fly in your private jets and hang out in your gated mansions, but more and more of you suffer through your life. You are not your brother’s keeper. You don’t seem to care what happens to each other, except for brief moments during star-studded telethons for disaster victims and afterwards you forget the crisis even happened. Haiti -- been there, done that. Short attention span, celebrity worship. You are more concerned about how your underarms smell than you are about climate change.

It’s obviously hell, my friends. I would say “Get used to it,” but you already have.

So, anyway, if I have one post-rapture message for you, it’s that you might have another chance. You missed this latest ascension, but there’s another one being promoted for next year, 2012 – all this stuff about the Mayan calendar and the end of the world next Christmas. I am sure there will be another round of media frenzy, but probably less billboards and subway ads. The new agers just don’t have the big media budgets like the evangelicals. But don’t miss this opportunity. You might get another shot at heaven, or at least the chance to change your hell into something e a bit more workable.

But we shall see, won’t we? I am not holding my breath.

Josh Baran
Back to top Go down
Howard

Howard

PostSubject: Re: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty5/22/2011, 7:28 pm

And I remember a baron teaching that heaven might be a nice place to visit but only hell matches it for long term stupidity. Something about all that Bliss being as mind numbing as abject suffering. Those Buddhists just have a way of redecorating other religions.

Write again if you ever remember.
Back to top Go down
http://hrmitchell54@yahoo.com
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty5/22/2011, 11:47 pm

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum.

Josh, you go ahead and party up there, just don't empty out the wine cellar before the rest of us catch up. I fully intend to make the cut, next time -- I got it all planned out. You'll see. Religious midgets, are we? Takes one to know one, mister.

Shoot, I almost made it this time, except I was eating a Pop-Tart right at 6 p.m. and God doesn't like those so I didn't get to go.

Apparently there are SO many rules about getting raptured. Who knew?
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
john

john

PostSubject: Re: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty5/23/2011, 4:36 am

Josh, I was there, and as my means of transport was superior, I arrived before you. It did feel like I was being shunned which did disturb me a lot. As you arrived all glowey and in your white silk haute couture caftan, blinded by your own light and smelling of something, was it peyote.I do agree planet earth is in need of a make over but between you and me Ive been told it starts with oneself, how crass is that,what what. Heavens ok but like all things it doesnt last and I feel a terrible clinging arising as I start to fall, but if I dont cling what will become of me. Living life as a nobody is more than I can bear I may even dissapear. Help me Josh, you have just distroyed another of my refuges in heaven.
Back to top Go down
IanPatton

IanPatton

PostSubject: Re: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty6/5/2011, 5:55 pm

What! ... no Rock & Roll or beer in Heaven! ... well St. Peter, I'm going to have to give this a little more thought! Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven 370252
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/boogpatton
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven   Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Rapture - Facebooking from Heaven
Page 1 of 1