OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Permission to post

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyokuko

Gyokuko

Permission to post Empty
PostSubject: Permission to post   Permission to post Empty9/22/2015, 4:42 pm

Dear admin, is it appropriate to post a request like this to the forum, and if so, where on the forum should it go???

I am writing at this time because Dharma Rain is launching its first ever crowdfunding campaign in order to finish Phase One of its massively ambitious building project.
Part one of my request is that you open the link included in this missive, read the material and make some sort of contribution today.  Every donation counts double because of a matching grant and triple because the numbers add to the confidence and possibility that others will decide to contribute.  Time matters, so please do this today.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/planting-zen-the-may-sit/x/12155664#/story

Part two of my request is that you send this link along to as many friends, relatives and colleagues as you can.  This is a beautiful and inspiring project.  We would like everyone to have a chance to feel included.
Thank you for your participation,
Big smile and warm gassho

Gyokuko
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

Permission to post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Permission to post   Permission to post Empty9/22/2015, 9:32 pm

Gyokuko, thank you for asking! I believe that your request is more than appropriate for posting here. I quote, below, the Forum Rule that I think might pertain:

4. The forums are free of charge. It's all right to mention your own publications or the type of work you do, but please do not post for the purpose of advertising your own or someone else's commercial business. Links to personal blogs are acceptable so long as the linked material doesn't violate any rules here, especially #18 below.

Gyokuko, your purpose is clearly not "commercial".

Which is to say--that you are not seeking to sell services for profit. You are simply requesting donations for a project designed to benefit many, beyond Dharma Rain itself as an organization.

I say go for it!

Lise, Mark, and Isan may, of course, have different viewpoints. And yet, I suspect that we may well be in agreement here. 

My colleagues may have alternative or additional suggestions on where you might post. Off hand, I would suggest posting on the "Keeping in Touch" forum--or the "Here and Now" forum.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

Permission to post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Permission to post   Permission to post Empty9/26/2015, 3:17 pm

Steve, thank you for taking care of Gyokuko and her request, I'm fine with it too and hope we can support her efforts in every way.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Permission to post Empty
PostSubject: Re: Permission to post   Permission to post Empty

Back to top Go down

Permission to post
Page 1 of 1