OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ryuji, a new forum participant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryuji

Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty
PostSubject: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty9/16/2010, 7:21 am

Hello everyone,

Just wanted you to know I might be joining you from time to time. I clearly recognise some of you, others I recognise your names. Have read quite a number of posts, so far those concerning Rev. Wilber's death and Robert's situation. These are matters that concern me in particular since I was a novice at Throssel when these events occurred. There is so much here on the site already that I feel the need to do some more perusing and digesting of the various forums and individual histories before I add my own voice if and when that is appropriate for me to do so.

A little about myself. I trained at Throssel for 7 years until leaving 3 years ago. The circumstances of my leaving are personal to me and are still something I little understand, though as time goes by I do find some clarity does emerge. My time there and since has been of great benefit to me. I hope that some of that benefit may be passed on to others in how I live my life. I still consider myself a disciple of Rev. Master Daishin, and through him and indeed, all of existence, a follower of the Buddha Way. I have trained, largely on my own since coming to Australia 3 years ago.

Well that's about it really. Except to say hi to all my dear friends that may be reading this. I have been rather isolated in my practise here and look forward to the meaningful and possibly challenging connections and interactions with you all I hope to have. I wish to state my purpose now, feeling it to be a rather universal one for all of us; to be of benefit, to express the truth as clearly as possible and to avoid hurting, harming or beclouding anyone or anything. Words can be very hurtful, you know, not least to the person using them.

Oh, and what's "Lol"? I'm feeling like an ignorant antipodean (if that's how you spell it)!

Heartfelt good wishes to all,
Ryuji.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty9/16/2010, 9:48 am

Hi Ryuji, and welcome! Very nice to have you here, and I hope you enjoy being part of things.

"lol" is internet-speak for "laugh out loud". It's interesting to see how it's used, however; sometimes to indicate something funny, other times as an expression of sarcasm by the writer. Hard to tell which, sometimes Wink

Glad you've joined us.

cheers,
Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Ryuji

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty9/17/2010, 4:51 am

Thanks for the welcome Lise. And the info.

Ryuji
Back to top Go down
Robert
Admin
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty9/17/2010, 9:06 am

Good to see you here Ryuji...
Back to top Go down
Ryuji

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty10/6/2010, 1:29 am

Dear Friends,

I have found this forum to be very challenging and at times disturbing. I have decided not to continue with it for the time being. At the heart of my reason is the wish to preserve something deeply precious. This is a very personal choice and something I have been sifting and sorting on for some time - partly because I have been unable to use the internet for a number of weeks and partly because I needed time to let things clarify. Thank you all for your contributions (I really mean that), and goodbye for now.

With the true wish of the heart revealed,
Ryuji.
Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty10/6/2010, 6:12 am

Bye Ryuji. I was very glad to hear from you again and hope you'll keep in touch. All best wishes,

Mia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryuji, a new forum participant   Ryuji, a new forum participant Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryuji, a new forum participant
Page 1 of 1