OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Showtimes series: Time of Death

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
June99

Showtimes series: Time of Death Empty
PostSubject: Showtimes series: Time of Death   Showtimes series: Time of Death Empty11/27/2013, 11:31 am

Showtime has a new documentary series called "Time of Death." It follows the lives of people in their last months or weeks of living. It's very interesting and worth watching. So far most of the stories have been about people that are non-religious and it's been touching to see how they tie up loose ends and make amends without a spiritual prescription. Also, there's an interesting story about how a family falls apart when they begin to lose their mother. I could relate to this one and wish I had seen this series when my mother was dying, since her illness and death, unfortunately, brought out the worst in my family--like a bad divorce.
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Showtimes series: Time of Death   Showtimes series: Time of Death Empty11/27/2013, 12:13 pm

That is very sad when death in a family brings out the worse,My assistants dad died a couple of weeks ago,and I think it has brought out the best in her as she tries to comfort her family,her long lost brother turned up on the night their dad died he was banished from the family,but they took him back with open arms and he told them their dad had been secretly seeing his son dad grandchild, they were all pleased and bridges have been built.
My other at the moment story is of the lady I wrote about a few weeks ago who we call the religious lady, as she always talks of her retreats, that she leads and her work with God,I tease her a bit ( well quite a bit) and she does laugh a bit more now I built her a library for her religious books (it was a big library)now she wants a few additions in another room. She called round to see me yesterday,waving and smiling I always give her a quick hug when I see her, she dare not risk the religious talk any more, but she called round specially to ask me how my friend was,who is dying of motor neurone disease is getting on,she had been thinking about him and praying for him and offered to go and sit with him if I am stretched for time.i was very touched by this,and greatly respect her natural kindness and tenderness and indeed how she lives her religion
Back to top Go down
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

PostSubject: Re: Showtimes series: Time of Death   Showtimes series: Time of Death Empty11/28/2013, 12:53 pm

thanks for pointing out this series... will definitely watch it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showtimes series: Time of Death   Showtimes series: Time of Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Showtimes series: Time of Death
Page 1 of 1