OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reporting Eko's leaving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

Reporting Eko's leaving Empty
PostSubject: Reporting Eko's leaving   Reporting Eko's leaving Empty10/21/2013, 9:39 am

Lise wrote:
I get a handful of those communications each year or so, from people who went to the Abbey once or twice years ago, haven't kept up with the doings there, and are then very indignant & outraged when they run across this forum and start reading just a little bit about Eko. I wish they'd read a LOT of what's on the forum before emailing me with their protests, but alas, no.
Perhaps we should have a section just about Eko and the FTI, one which was open to reading but closed to additional comments, where the whole sorry saga is laid out clearly without any comments or embellishments from obstreperous individuals like me. We could then have a different section where anyone could comment. This would keep the historical and incontrovertible matters easy to find and not scattered about throughout the forum and surrounded by more controversial material.

If we do this I would suggest that we start a section here where we could jointly compile what we felt was important, i.e. the FTI summary report, SA's announcements about Eko's leaveing, and various peoples personal reports as to his behavior to them, suitable anonymised if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

Reporting Eko's leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reporting Eko's leaving   Reporting Eko's leaving Empty10/21/2013, 10:05 am

Mark, great idea -  and perhaps after the factual material is compiled here, the finished thread could be moved under one of the main headings such as "OBC Experiences", to make it more visible. A locked thread shouldn't upset anyone too much since they will have an open thread for comments.

Now all we need are volunteers to sort through the material - anybody out there who likes to do Wikipedia-type stuff?
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net

Reporting Eko's leaving
Page 1 of 1