OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rev Chushin Passmore

Go down 
+3
mokuan
Isan
Jimyo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimyo

Jimyo

Rev Chushin Passmore Empty
PostSubject: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty3/16/2013, 8:47 am

This may already been posted elsewhere on this site, but I can't find it. If it hasn't, then I apologise for not having posted it earlier, but I only just realised that there were people here who might want to know....

I recently received the following email from Throssel. I think it's OK to post it, since it says everyone is welcome...

"Invitation to funeral for R M Chushin

Last week we heard the sad news that Rev. Master Chushin had died.

The funeral for Rev. Master Chushin will be held at Throssel on Monday
(18th March) at 11.00am. Everyone is welcome to join us for this. A
light lunch will follow the ceremony.

It has emerged that Rev. Master Chushin died of a brain haemorrhage while
he was resting and probably was unaware of what was happening. If you
would like to attend the funeral, please let Rev. Willard or Rev. Roland
in the guest department know.

In gassho."
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty3/16/2013, 9:19 am

Jimyo wrote:
This may already been posted elsewhere on this site, but I can't find it. If it hasn't, then I apologise for not having posted it earlier, but I only just realised that there were people here who might want to know....

Thanks Jimyo. While there has been mention here of Chushin's passing I don't believe this info about the funeral was posted. I remember Chushin quite well from Shasta Abbey. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty3/16/2013, 12:58 pm

Thank you, Jimyo, for posting this.
I remember one Abbey summer Chushin and I were on the wood-gathering crew together. Hard, grueling work, but Chushin had wit and wisdom, which made the days almost enjoyable!!! I'm glad he didn't suffer, and I'll keep him close in my thoughts.
Do you know if there is an online condolence book or something like that?
Thanks again, Jimyo for letting us know.
~mokuan
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty3/16/2013, 2:47 pm

Mokuan, I too remember RM Chushin fondly from our time training together at Shasta Abbey.

Messages about RM Chushin can be sent to the Throssel Guest Department. They will be printed out and displayed, on the day of the funeral, in front of a display board of phototgraphs, in celebration of his life.

A link to the Throssel website contacts page:

http://www.throssel.org.uk/contact
Back to top Go down
Howard

Howard

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty3/16/2013, 5:08 pm

I remember him mostly from his stays at my place during retreats and especially for one song filled evening a long time ago with the Irish Rovers and some of the local Sangha in Vancouver.

Thank you Rev Master Chushin for your help over the years.
Back to top Go down
http://hrmitchell54@yahoo.com
Gyokuko

Gyokuko

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty1/3/2014, 7:21 pm

Chushin was infirmarian while I was recovering from surgery.  He was so bright and cheerful and funny.  Too funny!  I had to beg him to stop telling jokes when he brought me food because the belly laughs were too painful!  Good man.
Back to top Go down
maisie field

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty1/4/2014, 10:54 am

Yes, funny guy, good company and craic in the early days at Throssel. He was tenzo for a while, as I remember, and he used to sing and speak Bob Dylan songs(aah, the Dark Ages, how I miss them!) ,looking elfin and mischievous around the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev Chushin Passmore   Rev Chushin Passmore Empty

Back to top Go down

Rev Chushin Passmore
Page 1 of 1