OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas in the Lounge Bar

Go down 
+6
mokuan
Lise
Kozan
mstrathern
Stan Giko
chisanmichaelhughes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty
PostSubject: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/24/2012, 7:27 am

Mark the landlord of the lounge bar (Thanks for card just arrived [first classpost] ),was a bit flat as the takings were down. There was an air of heavyness . The kareoke singer had cried her way through an emotional Barry Manilow classic. The only one smiling was a woman dressed as a dorset fisher wife she had cleared everyone out with her skill at blackjack,her fast hands when dealing were too quick for the naked eye,and the aces that appeared off the bottom of the pack remained a mystery to everyone else. A youthful lady in lawers robes was sipping her last gin and crying with a girl in a red hat saying they had both lost their pay packets, a mendicant dressed in 12th century Chinese robes was doing his best to comfort them.When a sturdy looking man and his wife who were not from these parts demanded one last game. The man who had been silent all night had a porcupine poking it's nose out of his leather bag, and the two feathers sticking out of his headband made him an interesting character.

It was a showdown, it was High noon, but at nearly midnight,The fisher woman who spoke in a west country drawl,grabbed the cards and said I'll deal. She dealt fast. Face down the cards read a pair of Queens to the dealer......... the man had a jack and the 8 of spades. they looked each other in the eye,the whole room stopped................ OK said the man I will buy 3, face down..The woman coughed and grinned, she knew what his hand was, it now totalled 27 he was done for. She turned her cards put all her winnings in the middle and said I will pay 21.

Nobody had seen the sturdy man before he had kept quiet watching the games,nobody knew he had a few ancient tricks of his own,he did turn over the ace and the 8.... but with lightening speed pulled from his sleeve 3 aces.he banged the table shouting the drinks are on me and everyone have your money back.Simultaneously the landlord announced over the tannoy that he had dragged a couple of crawlbacks with broken guitars out of the gutter and they will play the last dance of the night ...Happy Christmas

https://youtu.be/YJb_6bCfh34
Back to top Go down
Stan Giko

Stan Giko

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/24/2012, 12:05 pm

The kareoke singer had cried her way through an emotional Barry Manilow classic.

Must have been Lise. Smile
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/24/2012, 5:23 pm

Lise don' cry; Lise's tough.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/25/2012, 2:54 am

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all of you as well--Chisan, Stan, Mark, Lise, Isan, George, and Robert! And, in addition, in no particular order:

...Anne, Myozen, Mokuan, Howard, Nicky, Bill, Brigitte, Josh, Carol, Sophia, Glorfindel, Dan, Diane, Ikuko, James, David, Mia, Aylwin, Seikai, Rob, Ayse, Kyogen, Gyokuko, Meian, Sansho, Gensho...

...And so many others here who I don't know as well, or don't remember at the moment--but should--and who I will remember, in a blinding flash, when I commit this to cyber space by clicking on 'send'!

Ha! And indeed I did. So best wishes to Laura, Jimyo, Dave, Geoffrey, John, George, and my very good friends, Henry and Ol'ga, as well!!
Back to top Go down
Stan Giko

Stan Giko

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/25/2012, 6:09 am

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Many thanks Lise and moderators.

Happy New Year to one and all !
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/25/2012, 9:22 am

Wishing all of you a lovely holiday season, filled with peace, joy and just enough mischief to mix things up a little Smile

I'm thankful today, and every day, for the friends who come here, make us smile, teach us something, lift us up. Love to you all!
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/25/2012, 1:14 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

With hugs all around

~mokuan
Back to top Go down
Anne

Anne

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/26/2012, 5:30 am

Spiffing Season's Greetings to All!

Back to top Go down
glorfindel

glorfindel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/26/2012, 9:27 am

Merry Yuletide.

May u all have peace and not forget that The Baby Santa was born on a sleigh in Bethlehem on this day and, later, died on the cross for our presents. Or something like that.

x
Back to top Go down
Carol

Carol

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/27/2012, 9:20 pm

Anne wins the prize for the most "moving" seasons greetings! Happy New Year to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/28/2012, 3:00 am

And a happy new year to you all , and much thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Nickyloutit.co.uk
Anne

Anne

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty12/29/2012, 2:33 am

:-) The automated horizontal and vertical scrolling options are available in preview mode under the drop-down menu of the "Others" function-button. (-:
nana nana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas in the Lounge Bar   Christmas in the Lounge Bar Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas in the Lounge Bar
Page 1 of 1