OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!

Go down 
+3
mokuan
john
Jimyo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimyo

Jimyo

My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty
PostSubject: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 6:44 am

You can find details on Amazon at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-Helicopters-Companion-PPL-H/dp/1847972713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312195019&sr=8-1. Though for some reason Amazon has the wrong publication date. I hope that link works, as I'm not very good at doing links; don't know why, but they often refuse to work for me. Anyway, I don't suppose many people on here are that interested in helicopter flying, but I thought I'd share the news anyway!
Back to top Go down
john

john

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 9:03 am

Congratulations Jimyo on your book.
I didnt know helicopers could be landed in a garden.
Would frighten the life out of the neighbours if they didnt know it was coming.

I see you did a walk around britain the year you left Throssel, as your other book shows.
Im looking for some easy reading , may just try your book/s.

I almost went on a helicopter once, Newquey to the Silly Isles but they were fully booked, much to my relief. The smaller ones sound great fun though. Love the idea of just going with no fuss, following the flight of the birds.
Heaven help us if they become as common as cars.
Traffic jams in the sky a.
John.

Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 9:06 am

Congratulations JimyoMy Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! 710743

And yes the link worked.

I've been a passenger in a helocopter a few times and have really enjoyed the experience. It's such a great way to travel. I hope your book flies off the shelves.

Best wishes,
mokuan
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 12:11 pm

Jimyo wrote:
You can find details on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flying-Helicopters-Companion-PPL-H/dp/1847972713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312195019&sr=8-1

I hope that link works, as I'm not very good at doing links; don't know why, but they often refuse to work for me.

Jimyo, congrats! Regarding posting links what often breaks them is putting a "." at the end. Oddly in this case it didn't cause a problem, but something to keep in mind.

When I was keen to fly and deciding on helicopters or fixed-wing the deciding factor was cost. Unfortunately helicopter lessons and rentals were much higher so I wound up flying Cessnas. I don't know if that's also true in GB.
Back to top Go down
Jimyo

Jimyo

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 1:27 pm

Isan wrote:
When I was keen to fly and deciding on helicopters or fixed-wing the deciding factor was cost. Unfortunately helicopter lessons and rentals were much higher so I wound up flying Cessnas. I don't know if that's also true in GB.

Yes, it is. I started out flying fixed-wing. Then on impulse I went for a trial helicopter lesson, just for something different to do. I liked it so much I decided I had to carry on. Fortunately (or unfortunately!) I had the money at the time.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty8/1/2011, 8:01 pm

Chiming in late, but wanted to add my congrats, Jimyo, this is very cool!
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
IanPatton

IanPatton

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty11/27/2011, 2:03 pm

Haven't been by for a while ... catching up on all the latest. Congratulations Jimyo! ... very cool. My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! 105298
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/boogpatton
Carol

Carol

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty11/28/2011, 7:14 pm

Congratulations, Jimyo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!   My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Latest Book is Being Published on Friday!
Page 1 of 1