OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whoisit?

Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty
PostSubject: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty10/21/2017, 10:54 pm

How do I view messages posted by another account from 2011 and earlier?  I was looking at the statistics for another account and I'm only able to go as far back as 2012 even though the person has been around for longer at the forum.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty10/25/2017, 2:46 pm

hi Whoisit, I don't have an answer at the moment but we will look at this and see what we can find out. 

L.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty10/26/2017, 12:20 pm

Whoisit, to make sure I understand your question, are you asking about posts to the threads or messages sent to your private inbox?  I'll assume you mean posts unless you say otherwise. I went to Forumotion's support sites yesterday and could not determine any reason why posts made in 2011 and prior would be gone. There's a short window of time for posters to delete their own posts and an unlimited window for admins to do this. I have no reason to think any of our admins (very small group) would have deleted posts in that time frame or any other without discussing it with other admins and leaving a record. 

When you say "posted by another account", do you mean posts that you yourself made under a different account than "Whoisit"?  If so, and if we realised that you were posting under multiple accounts, admins would likely have deleted the one created later in time. From what I recall this changes the post to show "Guest" instead of the name attached to that account, however, it doesn't remove the actual posts.

If you are looking for a specific thread that seems to be gone, let me know the subject matter and I will try to find it. I don't have the best memory but I can usually narrow down the sub-forums and get to the right one.

Lise
Back to top Go down
whoisit?

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty10/26/2017, 6:07 pm

Lise wrote:
Whoisit, to make sure I understand your question, are you asking about posts to the threads or messages sent to your private inbox?  I'll assume you mean posts unless you say otherwise. I went to Forumotion's support sites yesterday and could not determine any reason why posts made in 2011 and prior would be gone. There's a short window of time for posters to delete their own posts and an unlimited window for admins to do this. I have no reason to think any of our admins (very small group) would have deleted posts in that time frame or any other without discussing it with other admins and leaving a record. 

When you say "posted by another account", do you mean posts that you yourself made under a different account than "Whoisit"?  If so, and if we realised that you were posting under multiple accounts, admins would likely have deleted the one created later in time. From what I recall this changes the post to show "Guest" instead of the name attached to that account, however, it doesn't remove the actual posts.

If you are looking for a specific thread that seems to be gone, let me know the subject matter and I will try to find it. I don't have the best memory but I can usually narrow down the sub-forums and get to the right one.

Lise
I'm asking about posts to threads and by 'posted by another account' I meant your account.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty10/27/2017, 3:26 pm

I don't have an answer for your question, then. I've been posting since the forum was created in '09, so it's not clear to me why you see something indicating 2012 was the start of posting under my account.

If any of other admins have time to look into it, one of us will be in touch again.

Edited to say, I have not deleted any of my posts in the pre- or post-2012 time frame unless this was done at or near the time of the original posting, while a discussion was active. Deleting posts is not something I've done, or would do, years after the fact.
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty11/3/2017, 4:29 pm

Lise and whoisit? The mystery may have to do with the logistics by which the site lists a member's "posted messages" (?).

Lise, when I clicked on "find all messages posted by Lise", the earliest message listed was posted on August 18th, 2012.

And yet, when I went to what I think may have been your earliest post, in the Introductions forum, under your introduction titled "I'll start"--your message was still there--dated November 8th, 2009 (which is also identified as the start date for OBC Connect). So, I'm guessing that all of your posted messages between 11/8/2009 and 8/18/2012 are also still here and intact!
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty11/18/2017, 8:00 pm

Thank you Steve, for checking into this - I agree that my original posts from 2009 onwards should be there except for any that I might have altered or removed near the time of posting. I don't keep up with technical stuff on this free platform so I'm not sure what the forum managers have done with the statistics, re: post count. Hopefully Whoisit can find my prior posts, but I'm happy to help with that as needed.
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty11/18/2017, 10:57 pm

Lise, my pleasure.

I likewise tend to not stay fully on top of the myriad changes that websites like Forumotion.com tend to make--continually!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier   Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier Empty

Back to top Go down

Viewing messages from 2011 and earlier
Page 1 of 1