OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy birthday, Nicky!

Go down 
+2
Nicky
Lise
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty
PostSubject: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/11/2012, 12:25 pm

Wishing you a very happy day -- Happy birthday, Nicky! 370252

best,

Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 2:02 am

Lise
just logged in after a while , thank you Lise for your wishes , even though i know its kind of automatic i still was warmed - welcomed !
Back to top Go down
http://www.Nickyloutit.co.uk
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 2:40 am

Yay Nicky! I'm so glad to see that you are still with us!!

A very belated happy birthday from me; and I will once again post the link to your web page for those who have not visited for a while.

http://www.nickyloutit.co.uk

I love your home page cover image: 'walking in Ryokan's bowl'!

Viewers can also find it in the Bowls gallery. (And be sure to visit the Big Paintings gallery. And then be sure to visit all of the other gallerys as well!)

As always, I am blown away by your work. Your ability to encompass, and convey, infinite empty space, as the context for the focus of the moment, with color, in simple brush strokes, is nothing less than astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Ikuko

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 11:25 am

Thank you Kozan for reminding me of the wonderful Nicky Loutit.Absolutely breathtaking work.

Nicky,were you at the Slade at the same time as Judith Euren?

She and I were in The Scratch Orchestra together.I tried to trace her via google recently and found a Flikr page so hope to find her.She,like you ,is a transcendent spirit and a great painter.Thank you for your work

Ikuko
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 3:31 pm

Kozan ,
thank you so very much for your moving response , i want to say more , but not yet- and yes i still value this site .

And thank you very much too Ikuko , i'm overwhelmed , and as ive just said no words yet .

No i dont know judith- wish idid . i was fairly isolated at the slade ,and have only kept up with 3 people . -
Back to top Go down
breljo

breljo

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 6:20 pm

Nicky

Belated Birthday wishes from me also. I totally agree with Kozan about your ability to convey infinite, empty space in your paintings. What a gift!!!

I thought about one of your posts the other day, it was some time ago, where you were talking about one of your chickens and couldn't remember the name of the chicken, Mrs. something......, but it was the way you talked about it.... very sweet, what a lucky chicken to end up in your backyard.

Again, Happy Birthday

Brigitte
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/19/2012, 8:37 pm

Nicky - belated birthday greetings.

Were you at the Slade when people like Derek Jarman and John Fisher were there? At that time I had a good friend at the Bartlett and got to know them quite well too.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/20/2012, 3:00 am

Mark ,
Yes i was there then , and aware of dramatic things going on , but too concerned with my own dramas to be part of their 'scene '.
And , thank you Brigitte ,
nice to hear from you . Mrs Brown , that hen is dead now, carefully buried under a large stone by a young apple tree , i miss her - her slow walk and chuckling chuck- she was soothing and brave - came from a battery' farm', I'll never forget her 1st steps out onto the grass and into daylight , it still brings tears to my eyes , and now as i write that i think thats how i want to paint - that first step . Only the difference is i' ve known that step - again and again . i do feel like an old hen though - also she liked to listen to the same music as me .
Back to top Go down
breljo

breljo

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty6/20/2012, 6:19 pm

Thank you Nicky for letting me know about "Mrs. Brown", who thanks to you spent the remainder of her life with dignity and in safety. Yes, I think that "first step" would be a good subject for a painting and eventually it may come to you just exactly how to express this on a Canvas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy birthday, Nicky!   Happy birthday, Nicky! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy birthday, Nicky!
Page 1 of 1