OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Birthday Nicky

Go down 
+6
Nicky
lesley
Kozan
mokuan
polly
chisanmichaelhughes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

Happy Birthday Nicky Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/11/2011, 3:57 am

3 good presents for a birthday girl

Start off by standing in a muddy field listening to the national anthem followed by 'Happy Birthday'
played by an electric guitar with maximum overdrive

Break one precept..the most popular one is talking about other people breaking the precepts

If all these don't tick the right box, a walk in open countryside by a river and trees preferably, or a place where the river meets the sea ideally

Most important what ever it takes I hope the birthday girl has a special day xxx

Last edited by chisanmichaelhughes on 6/11/2011, 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Back to top Go down
polly

polly

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/11/2011, 11:21 am

I can't wish you anything better than what Michael did! But I join him in best wishes for your birthday. All the best, every day.
Polly
Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/11/2011, 1:11 pm

Happy Birthday Nicky. sunny

I'm sending warm thoughts your way.

mokuan
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/11/2011, 4:22 pm

Happy Birthday Nicky, from me as well! I hope that you are having a great one!!

It was wonderful to see photographs of your oil paintings, from your recent exhibition, posted on your website. As always, I find your work stunningly beautiful, and deeply moving. (A fair number of my friends are artists, and I have spent some years of effort myself, so I do not speak lightly!)

For those who haven't visited Nicky's site, or haven't done so recently, I highly recommend the experience! Since her site address has already been posted on this Forum, I have no qualms about reposting it again here:

http://www.nickyloutit.co.uk

You will find the paintings that I referred to in the Galleries, Exhibition 2011, April 22/ May 14th. (Be sure to view her other work as well!)
Back to top Go down
lesley

lesley

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/12/2011, 6:36 am

Happy Birthday to you,Nicky,
I wonder whether we ever met in the "distant past"?I live in Buckingham and was visiting Throssel in the 70's. My husband Hilaire is a lay minister. Anyway,I Happy Birthday Nicky 370252 hope you have had a lovely day, with gassho, Lesley
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/12/2011, 11:52 am

Hi all of you kind people , i was away last night ,
so - OH HOW ......WARMING .......THANK YOU to find all your messages today .

Thank you Kozan for the nicky loutit painting lift off, much needed.

Thank you Michael for your present ideas ! its very dry here,so no muddy fields , but yes sea mud , river mud , and , yes river meeting sea , this morning i was walking by a river in suffolk close to its meeting with the sea , beautiful clear early morning , sky larks , and a butterfly, yes good gift .
Somehow though the national anthem doesnt quite come to me.I did get a bit of' happy birthday' down the phone, though not quite enough .
As for the precepts , Michael break one ? I'm just a clutter of broken ones so no surprise present there - but a box ticked i suppose .
And thank you Polly and Mokuan , i do appreciate you both ,

And Lesley, have we met , i wonder, or having been a lay min i may have met your husband . how do you cope with that i wonder ? well thats another message , this is the thank you one.
Warmest thanks getting older Nicky
Back to top Go down
http://www.Nickyloutit.co.uk
breljo

breljo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/12/2011, 4:19 pm

Happy Birthday, Nicky,

I think I am a day late, things are a bit upside down still, I just moved recently and am a bit behind with everything.

Many best wishes

Brigitte
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/12/2011, 7:50 pm

Sorry I missed your birthday, a belated best wishes. Yes the flats are lovely when the sun and the skylarks play on them. But somehow I prefer them like they must have been today all windswept and grey rain. A time for short walks with complaining dogs and hot cups of tea, with the wind outside moaning Peter Grimes. Still warm wishes for your yesterdays, yesterday birthday.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/13/2011, 2:14 am

And more thanks ,
yes , Mark luckily i do love greyness , ( not completely sure about ben britten )but that early morning bright was perfect - we're being english and discussing the weather , oh well I'll keep it short if i can resist NOT saying how it is this morning .

Briggite , thanks again , and i hope you received my'mp' a few days ago ?

I wish i found responding to other subjects on this forum , as easy and obvious as i do to Happy birthday , I'm enjoying it , love Nicky .
Back to top Go down
breljo

breljo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/13/2011, 1:39 pm

Nicky

I have regretfully not received your pm. I have been trying to change my profile to my new e mail address and am having problems with it. When I try to make the change I get a message that my profile has been successfully updated, yet when I go back it still shows the old e mail address. Don't know what else I can do, perhaps Lise, if she sees this can advise? Hope to get this straightened out soon.

Best to you until then

Brigitte
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/13/2011, 2:34 pm

Brigitte, please do send me a PM with the email address that you want linked to your profile -- this forum software is creaky at best.

Nicky, I'm sorry to have missed the actual date but I too hope you had a very satisfactory birthday!

best,
Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Ol'ga

Ol'ga

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/13/2011, 4:51 pm

Hi Nicky,
Here in the colonies we celebrate birthdays for a full week. So you still have a few days, and I am not late wishing you all the best or better...many beautiful walks by the sea, in sunshine or first-rate English fog, yum-yum, humming Peter Grimes........and, of course, perfect health.
Luv, Ol'ga
Back to top Go down
Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty6/14/2011, 3:42 am

Hi Olga , thank you ,
I'm getting such pleasure from these happy birthday messages , i must now start noticing other peoples ..........
And Olga i'm constantly reading your many contributions and i'm impressed by how you seem able to think - i mean articulate - i've slipped into a slightly muddy ,( yes beautiful mud) ,shapeless dense state , there are a few riverlets ,bubbles , but thats all , so i value yours and others highly kind of go go contributions.
So thank you again , love Nicky .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Nicky   Happy Birthday Nicky Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Nicky
Page 1 of 1