OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Psychotic Buddha

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vetaculoo

Psychotic Buddha Empty
PostSubject: Psychotic Buddha   Psychotic Buddha EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 5:30 am

This is my blog - now has had over 20000 visits and may be of interest...

http://psychoticbuddha.blogspot.co.uk
Back to top Go down
H Sophia

Psychotic Buddha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychotic Buddha   Psychotic Buddha EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 am

Hi,

I looked at your blog.  What an interesting site.  It will take time to read and explore the interesting links you have posted.  

And you are considering becoming a monk in the OBC?  Is that in England or the United States?  

I was a monk for several years at Shasta Abbey and then at a smaller temple for less than a year.  I read your questions about becoming a monk.  I think the fact that you are asking those questions indicates that you are a thoughtful person and are not jumping in without considering what you are doing.  

I hope you continue to post your thoughts and experiences as you progress toward your goal of becoming a Buddhist Monk.  I would be interested to hear why you chose the OBC.  Do you already have a teacher in the OBC and wish to train with that teacher, or is it their form of Zen Buddhism that draws you?

Thank you for being a part of this forum.  The more different points of view and experiences expressed here, the more I love being a part OBCC.  I have found posting on this site to be healing and wonderful.  My few posts here have been received with love and compassion and the questions that were asked I have found help me look at my experience from a new perspective.

Thanks again, for the link to your blog.

Sophia
Back to top Go down

Psychotic Buddha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: The Reading Corner-
Jump to: