OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lise yet another one

Go down 
+3
Kozan
Lise
chisanmichaelhughes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

Lise yet another one Empty
PostSubject: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/6/2013, 12:38 pm

Lise weren't you 39 last year?
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/8/2013, 9:09 am

Michael, you are not supposed to keep track of how often someone turns 39 sunny  I don't plan to get any older -  I'll keep you posted as to how that works out.

I just returned from a weekend away and am so exhausted. Need a quiet birthday next year Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/8/2013, 10:06 am

So sorry for revealing my conniving ways.
To make amends I have sent over some Cornish fudge,scones and the usual huge tub of Cornish cream.
In any case have a great day,maybe a brief trip away is a just reward
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/9/2013, 6:55 pm

Lise, happy birthday! Sounds like you're worn out from all the fun you had on your birthday weekend. wink 
One of my grandmothers successfully maintained her age at '39', for decades.
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/9/2013, 7:32 pm

Belated Happy Birthday Lise cheers   
And many thanks.
And by the way I've been 39 now for, oh, over 30 years. It grows on you (but not on you knees)!
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/9/2013, 10:16 pm

Mark I seem to remember your Dads birthday and you had a big celebration when he eventually made 21 (I am sure that after rugby, tennis you are now gearing up for cricket)
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/10/2013, 1:19 pm

Mmm, how about fudge on scones with cream on top -  that shall be my breakfast every day for a week. Good people, I am planning to "live it up" this last year of my thirties, wear myself out even more, and possibly need a new set of knees when it's all done.

Thank you Michael, and Steve, and Mark Smile
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/10/2013, 2:32 pm

Live it up is such a good idea.
Our local village pub has been pretty dorment through the recession,now some guys are breathing life into it and the village is sort of getting together again for some Cornish chatting and funny dancing. I go down everyday at 6pm for half an Italian beer, although they now pour a pint before I can stop them,I go with my youngest boy who is 17 and have a game of pool,he beat me tonight for the first time, much to the enjoyment of everybody else,we have a few games then amble back for something to eat.
It is not exactly living it up,but somehow it seems we make space and have a few precious moments together which I do treasure,one of the ladies that sits zazen with me said last week when her kids returned home to the other side of the world..'I hate impermanence'

Life is so precious we live it now real raw teaching is everywhere. Enjoy your next year Lise
Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/11/2013, 3:58 pm

Hi Lise,

Happy Belatd Birthday!   I would have sent a more timley message, but was having trouble logging in.  I suppose, though, if you're perpeually 39, anytime for birthday greetings is appropriate.  Many Happy 39's, now and forever!

~mokuan

(Thank you Isan for the reset!)
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/11/2013, 4:18 pm

thanks Mokuan Smile
Back to top Go down
Stan Giko

Stan Giko

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/22/2013, 5:01 am

Hi Lise,

Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you !  Wishing you many more Happy Thirty Nines.  Smile

Many thanks for sorting out the Log in problem for me.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/22/2013, 8:34 am

Hi Stan, you're quite welcome. I've found myself on the wrong side of this silly forum software more than once -  it likes to prank people.

And thank you for the birthday wishes Smile   How awful is this, to admit to, but I got the coolest stuff this year, toys-wise, and I feel like I'm six again! I like to set my presents on the floor and sit in the middle of them. And swat the hands of anyone who tries to touch them . . .
Back to top Go down
Howard

Howard

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/22/2013, 4:01 pm

Away kayaking again for your Birthday as usual. Please accept this birthday hug on a lay away plan  for the next time you feel a bit hug light.
For all you do.XXX
H
Back to top Go down
http://hrmitchell54@yahoo.com
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty7/22/2013, 7:28 pm

aw, H, thanks for that. I will take you up on it one day, wait and see yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lise yet another one   Lise yet another one Empty

Back to top Go down

Lise yet another one
Page 1 of 1