OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buddhism, Meditation and Neuroscience

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Buddhism, Meditation and Neuroscience Empty
PostSubject: Buddhism, Meditation and Neuroscience   Buddhism, Meditation and Neuroscience Empty11/25/2012, 1:49 pm

If you are interested in the intersection of Buddhism and neuroscience, this current issue of Tricycle Magazine has two very insightful articles on this -- somewhat critical actually - from two top Buddhist scholars. Also in the magazine, a big section on how Buddhists deal with death - from the many different traditions. I think actually that a Shasta-trained lay minister is hosting an on-line video course on tricycle.com on preparing for death, and I think you need to be a member or subscriber to participate in the full series. At least, I think she is related to Shasta or one of the priories.

Most of the articles from this Tricycle issue is not available free on-line. They don't give away much of their content since they really need subscriptions to survive - it is very hard out there for print magazines these days.
Back to top Go down

Buddhism, Meditation and Neuroscience
Page 1 of 1