OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler Empty
PostSubject: Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler   Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler Empty6/30/2012, 4:00 pm

I was just reorganizing some books and bumped into CONTEMPORARY PSYCHOANALYSIS AND EASTERN THOUGHT by John R. Suler. I must have bought this many years ago. I just skimmed some of the chapters. Suler has some excellent in-depth insights on the complex issues that underlay master-disciple relationships, authoritarian leaders, the whole "crazy wisdom" game. This book was written in the early 90s and he is not well known in this field. There have been many more books written about the intersection of eastern thought and psychology over the last two decades, but nonetheless, this book hits the nail on the head in so many ways. Highly recommended - i think it's still in print or you can find used copies on amazon.com
Back to top Go down
Ikuko

Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler   Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler Empty7/1/2012, 1:54 pm

Thank you Josh

As always a recommendation that looks to be very relevant and interesting.I will search and see if I can find out more.

Ikuko
Back to top Go down

Contemporary Pyschoanalysis and Eastern Thought by John Suler
Page 1 of 1