OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What happened to Brightmoon.org?

Go down 
+10
Stan Giko
Mia
aylwin
mstrathern
Ikuko
Howard
Isan
Henry
Kozan
Lise
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty2/22/2012, 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone know why their threads disappeared all at once? It looks like the entire site is down for maintenance possibly, but before that I notice all the threads went away. There were some good comments in there, too. It's a shame to lose them.

I found the site interesting (the part that's visible to non-members anyway); hope they haven't pulled the plug for good.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net

AuthorMessage
Henry

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/6/2012, 3:13 pm

I joined Bright Moon, but I have to admit that the conversations were not very interesting. It seems that the most interesting conversations are cut and pasted from the OBC Facebook group. Bright Moon is hoping that some of the conversations will switch from Facebood to their site, but that sort of shift is difficult to make. It would be a shame if conversations continue to be tepid as it is a beautifully constructed site that obviously had a lot of work put into it.

I'm curious to know how one goes about joining the Facebook group. I actually joined Facebook myself yesterday, somewhat reluctantly, as I am somewhat suspicious of social media sites, considering their apalling record at privacy. So far I have nothing on my profile but my name.
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/6/2012, 5:08 pm

Henry wrote:
I'm curious to know how one goes about joining the Facebook group. I actually joined Facebook myself yesterday, somewhat reluctantly, as I am somewhat suspicious of social media sites, considering their appalling record at privacy. So far I have nothing on my profile but my name.

I joined it, but I'm not remembering exactly how. Have you visited the group? There should be an option to put in a request to join somewhere. You could also PM Mia here - she would be able to give you clear instructions.

Regarding Facebook, when you have a chance check your profile privacy settings and lock them down - most of it is pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2012, 5:09 am

Henry wrote:
It would be a shame if conversations continue to be tepid as it is a beautifully constructed site
That's why we need you Henry. We're not used to talking in this contemplative tradition...

Henry wrote:
I'm curious to know how one goes about joining the Facebook group.
There are two ways,
1) If you have a facebook friend who's a member, he/she can use the 'add' window on the top right of their group window.
2) You can click 'join' on www.facebook.com/contemplatives, and the admin (me) will ok it as soon as I see it.
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2012, 2:42 pm

I had a lugubrious polish friend who often when asked how he was wouldn't reply' 'fine' but 'middling' instead. If you enquired further what he meant by middling he would reply, 'worse than yesterday, ..but better than tomorrow'.

Honesty doesn't always work!
Back to top Go down
Ikuko

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2012, 4:04 pm

A message for Mark Strathern

Thank you for buying Throssel Hole.

I just spent a weekend there and had such a refreshing time.You made that possible through your generosity.

Thank you Mark.

Ikuko
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/8/2012, 7:23 pm

Ikuko - Thank you. But it was 40 years ago when when I left and the OBC aquired it i their own name; so everything you find there now is really down to those who have built it up since then.
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty5/16/2012, 4:09 pm

(Please note that Bright Moon's letter of invitation to OBC Connect members and readers, posted on this thread earlier today, has been moved to a thread of its own for greater visibility, in this same forum.)
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty10/8/2013, 7:23 pm

I was wondering how things are going with Bright Moon these days -  is it still active?
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty10/9/2013, 4:58 pm

Hi Lise,

Bright Moon is in the process of being updated to a new software version.   It will be re-released in the coming weeks.   We have recruited a larger and more representative group of Admins, and we've been actively talking over the last few months about different ways to make the site more relevant to lay OBC practitioners.   Not gone, just sleeping for a bit.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty10/9/2013, 5:55 pm

Hi Rob, thanks for that, it sounds like an interesting re-boot.  Look forward to hearing more -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Brightmoon.org?   What happened to Brightmoon.org? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to Brightmoon.org?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: Keeping in Touch-
Jump to: