OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
breljo

breljo

Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty
PostSubject: Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno   Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty1/30/2011, 1:56 am

For anyone that may know about this Thai Forest tradition monk, he passed into Parinirvana January 30th, 2011 3:53am

With Bows

Brigitte
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno   Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty1/30/2011, 2:09 am

Thank you very much for letting us know Brigitte.
Back to top Go down
breljo

breljo

PostSubject: Re: Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno   Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty1/30/2011, 1:30 pm

Hi Laura

I just realized I probably should have posted this under the "In Memoriam" thread, but I guess I was thinking world news. To me it is in a way, because the biography this monk wrote of his late master Achariya Mun has made a lasting impression on me. One of those stories was (turn of the century then still densely forested Jungle teeming with tigers and elephants) and Ven. Achariya Mun wandering Dhutanga (specific ascetic practice of Forest monks) and coming upon a huge elephant blocking the monks path munching on some bamboo. The A. M. then asked one of his other monks to start speaking to this elephant to let them pass by. It was one of the most touching things I have ever read. The elephant eventually moved and let them pass by unharmed. It was the manner in which he addressed the elephant...Big Brother Elephant....). Anyway, other stories of experiences with Tigers and overcoming monstrous fears and of course deep spiritual experiences. I will forever remember all that the Ven. Maha Boowa wrote in that book. He was ninety eight.

Bows

Brigitte
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno   Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty1/30/2011, 4:46 pm

I read the same book Brigitte and was similarly impressed. I don't think you did anything wrong by creating a new thread for it. This way it will be sure to get the attention it deserves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno   Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno Empty

Back to top Go down

Parinirvana of the Acharia Maha Boowa Nanasampanno
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: The Lounge-
Jump to: