OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up  Empty
PostSubject: Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up    Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up  Empty3/12/2016, 9:38 am

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/55-no-doubt/

Reply All is an excellent podcast that is focused on issues that relate to the web, digital culture, and so on.  This episode is about doubt in the Mormon church and the role that the internet played.  Truly terrific and worth listening to this story until the end... major insight about becoming a spiritual adult.  As we know and as I've noted, No, Shasta / Kennett were not as egregious as Joseph Smith and his cult or Scientology, but the dynamics are similar and this is another mirror.  And how the Mormons treat those who leave, those who question - same cultic behavior went on with Kennett.  

FYI - you can listen to podcasts on the web - you can also subscribe through a podcast app on your phone.... i have linked to some podcasts in the past.  Some good ones to check out - Buddhist Geeks, The Secular Buddhist, Meditate This, The Moth, This American Life, Invisibilia, the One You Feed, On Being, Reply All, Wisdom, Heart Wisdom with Jack Kornfield, and there are probably so many others... go exploring
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up    Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up  Empty3/14/2016, 11:19 pm

Thanks Josh, very good pointers to listening material. Makes a long airline flight more tolerable, or when you want a bit of mental company on a walk down a country road.

This piece with a Mormon angle catches my attention because I've got several ex-Mormon friends. No one who is currently inside the faith, just those who've left. Which I find interesting in itself -
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net

Great podcast on faith and doubt and waking up
Page 1 of 1