OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rev. Alexis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mokuan

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/7/2015, 12:51 am

Rev. Alexis Barringer has been killed in a motor vehicle accident.  Apparently, a woman crossed the center line and hit his vehicle head on.  Rev. Alexis had re-entered monastic life and was living at North Cascades.  I don't have any more information than this.   It's very sad.
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/7/2015, 9:43 am

mokuan wrote:
Rev. Alexis Barringer has been killed in a motor vehicle accident.  Apparently, a woman crossed the center line and hit his vehicle head on.  Rev. Alexis had re-entered monastic life and was living at North Cascades.

Thanks for posting this.  There's a bit more information from Seikai, and discussion on Facebook.  I'm certain I knew Alexis, but can't remember his face.  Perhaps someone could post a picture?
Back to top Go down
mokuan

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/8/2015, 10:19 am

Thank you, Isan.  I found Seikai's post.  Yes, you knew Rev. Alexis, but at the time he was a novice, there were like 20 or more of us and we all looked the same!
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/8/2015, 10:38 am

mokuan wrote:
Thank you, Isan.  I found Seikai's post.  Yes, you knew Rev. Alexis, but at the time he was a novice, there were like 20 or more of us and we all looked the same!

Yes, shaven heads and wearing the same robes has that effect :-) 

By the way, Sophia said that there's a picture of Alexis on the Shasta Abbey website, but I couldn't find it.  If anyone is able to find it please post a link.
Back to top Go down
mokuan

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/8/2015, 11:33 am

I couldn't find the photo that Sophia was talking about either.  However, I've sent a note to Berthold to see if he might have one.  I have a group photo taken in the early '80s, but I don't know how well that will transfer here.
Back to top Go down
indira

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/9/2015, 5:35 pm

I remember Rev Alexis very well from my time as a youngster and young adult at the Abbey. Always liked him tremendously.  Very sad...
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty1/10/2015, 9:49 am

Wishing peace to him and comfort to his loved ones. I feel badly for the person who caused his death, whatever the circumstances were.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Rev. Alexis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Rev. Alexis Empty

Back to top Go down

Rev. Alexis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: In Memoriam-
Jump to: