OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The miners are safe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah

The miners are safe  Empty
PostSubject: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/13/2010, 10:09 pm

Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le Viva Chile!!! nana nana

So happy to watch the news for once yes

Last edited by Sarah on 10/13/2010, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to thank Lise for opening this new category, thanks L!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/13/2010, 11:23 pm

Boy, no kidding. Isn't that just too cool for words? Three cheers for a happy ending.
Polly
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/14/2010, 1:20 am

YAY!!! Such good news!

And such good confirmation, I think, for the fact that we are not selfish by nature!

Survival and success--material and spiritual--result from cooperative nurturing and support.

What else is there?

Well, actually, in the spirit of this topic thread, perhaps a good martini recipe!
Back to top Go down
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/16/2010, 11:25 pm

Kozan wrote:
And such good confirmation, I think, for the fact that we are not selfish by nature!

No question about it. People are good at heart and we want to help each other. We want others to live and come home to the people who love them. It's so easy to put ourselves in the miners' places, or their families', and think of what they went through.

I'm with Polly -- happy endings, that's what I'm talking about Smile

Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/17/2010, 3:10 pm

The miners are safe...

And a political dissident just won the Nobel Peace prize... at a great personal price.

This just reminds me it is important speak up. I promise I'll post my story soon.

With best wishes to all,
mokuan
Back to top Go down
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/17/2010, 5:04 pm

Mokuan, I haven't posted my story yet either. Some days I'm less sure it's what I think it is.

At least Liu Xiaobo's life's work is known and honored. That part of him will be safe no matter how long he's held. How amazing that his wife, Liu Xia, could Tweet about her visit with him and her own house arrest. The internet is the ultimate equalizer of power, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/18/2010, 12:57 am

Welcome aboard Mokuan! I'm looking forward to hearing your story. Thanks for joining the forum!
Back to top Go down
Henry

Henry

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty10/20/2010, 6:34 am

Hi Mokuan,
It's nice to see you here on this site. I too am interested in your story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The miners are safe    The miners are safe  Empty

Back to top Go down

The miners are safe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: The Lounge-
Jump to: