OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SA website content

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

SA website content Empty
PostSubject: SA website content   SA website content Empty6/11/2013, 6:13 pm

I noticed today there are still images posted of monks who are no longer there, in fact some have been gone for more than a year, I believe. I wonder why this part of the website is not kept more current? Other sections are updated regularly, but not the images. hmm.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
sianabelle

sianabelle

SA website content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA website content   SA website content Empty6/11/2013, 7:55 pm

Maybe one of the monks who could do the overall website layout html code or whatever is one of the ones who left, so that it's possible for others to update text and talks but image placement and redesign are a little more tricky?
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

SA website content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA website content   SA website content Empty6/11/2013, 9:08 pm

Lise, interesting question.

Berthold's photo was removed at the time that his departure was officially announced.

RM Oswin's photo, and Rev. Allard's photo have been recently added. Rev. Vivian has recently returned to the Abbey after spending time at Throssel. Her photo was not removed during her absence, since her time away from the Abbey was only temporary.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

SA website content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA website content   SA website content Empty6/11/2013, 10:26 pm

Hi Steve, I should have been more clear, it's the pictures under "Temple Grounds" and "Daily Life" that I was referring to. Berthold, Sheridan and Brian are there, although they've moved on.

Sianabelle, that makes sense, maybe they don't have someone who can manage certain picture updates these days.

I was interested to see this addition under their "About" tab, in the section on Mike Little (Eko):

"There were also some serious problems that came
to light towards the end of his Abbacy, and in May, 2010, he left the
Abbey and returned to lay life."

I don't think this was there even six months ago, but maybe someone who knows will correct me.

Back when Little flew the coop, and for the next couple of years, I used to wonder how they could leave off his section with "In his time as Abbot, he continued to unfold Rev. Master Jiyu's teaching." I would read that and think "errm, isn't there a bit more you ought to say?" And now they have.

Isn't it interesting that they can now say this, and three years ago they couldn't -
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

SA website content Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA website content   SA website content Empty

Back to top Go down

SA website content
Page 1 of 1