OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Ford Article on Huffington Post

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jack

James Ford Article on Huffington Post Empty
PostSubject: James Ford Article on Huffington Post   James Ford Article on Huffington Post Empty3/9/2013, 12:05 pm

A acquaintance of mine found this article by James Ford on the Huff Post. I found myself mentally applauding much of the article as a sensible discussion of Buddhism as I've found it.

( The raw URL is: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-ishmael-ford/how-to-be-spiritual-but-not-religious-in-a-way-that-actually-helps_b_2827611.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false if the link below does not work.)

James Ford Article

(If all else fails, you should be able to find it by searching the Huff Post. The article was published on 3/7.)

As a bit of transparency, I am currently associated with a UU community. That may bias my opinion somewhat, but it's not the UU connection that made me find this article from someone who has posted on this forum interesting.
Back to top Go down
Carol

Carol

James Ford Article on Huffington Post Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Ford Article on Huffington Post   James Ford Article on Huffington Post Empty3/12/2013, 11:41 pm

Jack, thanks for posting James Ford's piece. As an ex-Zen person and an ex-UU, it does me good to look at my reasons for these choices (or ex-choices).
Back to top Go down

James Ford Article on Huffington Post
Page 1 of 1