OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

James Ford Article on Huffington Post

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jack

PostSubject: James Ford Article on Huffington Post   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:05 pm

A acquaintance of mine found this article by James Ford on the Huff Post. I found myself mentally applauding much of the article as a sensible discussion of Buddhism as I've found it.

( The raw URL is: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-ishmael-ford/how-to-be-spiritual-but-not-religious-in-a-way-that-actually-helps_b_2827611.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false if the link below does not work.)

James Ford Article

(If all else fails, you should be able to find it by searching the Huff Post. The article was published on 3/7.)

As a bit of transparency, I am currently associated with a UU community. That may bias my opinion somewhat, but it's not the UU connection that made me find this article from someone who has posted on this forum interesting.
Back to top Go down
Carol

PostSubject: Re: James Ford Article on Huffington Post   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Jack, thanks for posting James Ford's piece. As an ex-Zen person and an ex-UU, it does me good to look at my reasons for these choices (or ex-choices).
Back to top Go down

James Ford Article on Huffington Post
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1