OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!

Go down 
+7
Stan Giko
Anne
George
Isan
chisanmichaelhughes
Kozan
Lise
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/12/2012, 11:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks lads santa

I love you

http://host.oddcast.com/api_misc/1083/thankyou.php?do=download&md5=9ef3b52995150c322bac19cd7853da15

Last edited by Lise on 12/16/2012, 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net

AuthorMessage
Kozan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/19/2012, 3:38 am

Lise wrote:
Ok. I must now reveal that the mystery elf in the latest video is none other than . . .

our own Myozen! Doesn't she make an awesome elf? And she looks like kindness itself Smile

Yay! The mystery is solved!! Myozen certainly does make an awesome elf. My conviction, from the time when I first met Myozen, in November of 1969, was that she was, indeed, 'kindness itself'!

And this was proven over succeeding months and years.
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/20/2012, 3:57 am

Chisan wrote:
very good fun
Also Lise thanks again for setting up the forum and keeping it going.
i think you have helped a lot of us have a place where we can sort out a piece of our pasts.It has for me been very helpful,continuing to hear other peoples stories and how they have coped .
I think without this forum and others like seeping zen a balance would be missing,and in many ways we might feel isolated.
The other way of looking at it for me is seeing that many people on this forum and other places have been touched by something positive inside themselves,and they have certainly not lost what they believe in.
I am sure it must be quite taxing keeping it going, I keep thinking we have said it all we got things of our chests and what is next,however from me a great thank you for allowing us to voice our views.
:-) Goes for me too, Lise! (-:

:-) Bravo, Myozen, for thus boldly venturing out into the forum!
...And now...
Elves in spaaaaace...

(Thanks, Muppets.)
(-:

(Note: My mention of "height-measurement" in my pen-pen-ultimate post above was, of course, reference to the height-chart at the police-station where the arresting officer kindly arranged for my photo to be taken.)
Back to top Go down
Anne

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/20/2012, 6:03 am

In divulging active principles in his secret of eternal youth, Kozan wrote:
The first is: Always live in the present. Or more precisely, keep the center of your life-gravity, in the present. If you identify inordinantly with a particular time or place in the past--or (paradoxically) dis-identify with a particular time or place--you will age accordingly.

But most of all, the secret of eternal youth is to heal existential misunderstanding and trauma, back into awareness itself. Of course, this requires some effort. But more importantly, it requires an outrageous, over the top, sense of HUMOR! (or humour, as the case may be ;-)
:-) Speaking for the other side, I can also recommend face-exercises, selling ones soul to the Devil, and a hidden portrait to take the flak! ;-)
...Ta, Oscar
drunken
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/20/2012, 8:38 am

reference to the height-chart at the police-station where the arresting officer kindly arranged for my photo to be taken.

That reminds me Anne I never got my bail money back

Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/20/2012, 9:22 pm

Anne wrote:

:-) Speaking for the other side, I can also recommend face-exercises, selling ones soul to the Devil, and a hidden portrait to take the flak! ;-)

Dang! Why didn't I think of that?! ;-)

Last edited by Kozan on 12/21/2012, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/21/2012, 4:02 am

Yes Kozan I have done some research into your new book,I have been through my linkedin contacts,and spoken at length to the European CEO at Amazon Butch Jenkins who was reasonably helpful however he relayed me to their head of Artistic development Mr Todd Golightly,who did have enormous knowledge of the history of art,religious and semi religious books, it was sketchy, however under the banner of as close to your name as we could get, we did find several interesting titles

Nudism and Cubism The beginnings (early tantric art 13th century)
How to Knock up a small shed in 2 hours....best seller
The art and secret power of ferrule cement ...I think I bought the only copy
Eternal Youth Todd told me was eagerly awaited and advanced orders were beyond expectations and he suggested I buy 10 copies before the rush,before I knew it Todd had debited my gold edged platinum card and said your account would be credited in 4 days which does give me the chance to say your present has been sent (by wire) and have a happy Christmas
Back to top Go down
Stan Giko

Stan Giko

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/21/2012, 8:49 am

Kozan

Nothing lost...use it in your second book...`Selling Youth By The River` !
Back to top Go down
myozen

myozen

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty12/21/2012, 3:50 pm

Sorry, this is rather belated and in the middle of a conversation.

Lise,
I would like to add my thanks as well - as Chisan put it so eloquently, the forum has been a transforming experience, being able to work through our individual and collective past. And the dancing skills acquired in the process are astounding! :-)

Kozan,
Thank you for the kind comments - I had worried that my photograph might scare all the other elves away. I shall be looking forward to the publication of your book!

Anne,
So nice to see your photograph. "Elves in Space" sounds exciting - in San Francisco in 1969 I learned the word "spaced out" from someone at the Zen Mission Society. I have not experienced this condition myself - could it also relate to prolonged periods of zazen?

There are deer tracks in the snow all around our place this morning.

Happy holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!   A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little Xmas shout-out to my main boys and girls!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: The Lounge-
Jump to: