OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off-the-list colours & text-fonts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne

Anne

Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Empty
PostSubject: Off-the-list colours & text-fonts   Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Empty9/13/2012, 1:56 am

:-) For anyone who wants to play about with font-colours, the system recognises many more than are on the drop-down list of the colour-icon.

For example... lightcoral crimson hotpink deeppink mediumvioletred fuchsia mediumorchid mediumpurple darkviolet purple mediumslateblue greenyellow lime mediumspringgreen mediumseagreen lightseagreen aquamarine darkturquoise skyblue deepskyblue dodgerblue ...and many more...

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors for inspiration.

I have played about with a few extra text-fonts too (no time to do much)... Brush Script MT Cursive Fantasy Monaco
...alas no Old Dreadful No. 7...
Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Olddre11

A change of lipstick is in order, I think! (-:
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

PostSubject: Re: Off-the-list colours & text-fonts   Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Empty9/13/2012, 2:12 am

Love It!

Thank you Anne!!

(OK, I know that I haven't done much with color and alternative fonts here--but as a designer, I'm always on the verge of doing so! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Anne

Anne

PostSubject: Re: Off-the-list colours & text-fonts   Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Empty9/13/2012, 3:23 am

:-) Glad you enjoy! I've been reading a bit more about fonts. The best I can make of it in my not-too-techy head is that not all pcs/macs will support display of all fonts. There are explanatory pages online about this, e.g http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/html-tutorial/fontlist.htm -- only a few of these fonts display on my MacBook. (-:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off-the-list colours & text-fonts   Off-the-list colours & text-fonts Empty

Back to top Go down

Off-the-list colours & text-fonts
Page 1 of 1