OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lens Culture: The Buddha Project

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Lens Culture:  The Buddha Project Empty
PostSubject: Lens Culture: The Buddha Project   Lens Culture:  The Buddha Project Empty8/19/2012, 2:35 am

The photo website LENS CULTURE is gathering photos of Buddhas - mostly statues I think but people have also submitted photos of the Dalai Lama, so I think they are accepting variations on this theme. So far well over 1,000 photos have been submitted. Thought I'd pass this along since I would bet that many people who visit this site may have photos they have taken over the years and would enjoy sharing more widely.

http://www.lensculture.com/buddha.html

Buddha Project

Images of Buddha can remind us to take a breath, to look around, to feel calm and compassionate, to be here now. You can notice Buddha almost anywhere — laundromats, store windows, barbershops, farmers' markets, souvenir stands, tucked away on someone's night table.

The Buddha Project encourages people worldwide to participate by submitting photos of found Buddha, sacred Buddha, ancient Buddha, kitschy Buddha, handmade Buddha.

An archive of hundreds of Buddha images may well generate good karma for everyone involved, viewers and contributors alike. Watch as it grows. As of January 9, 2012 there are 1120 photos in the collection.

Please participate by contributing your images of Buddha. Notice Buddha in your surroundings and share your discoveries with others. It will make you feel good. Guaranteed.

Hint: Click on the "Previous" button under the photos to see the most recent photos added to the project. The slideshow runs automatically, but it takes about 2 minutes to load completely before it starts. Be patient. Your browser will need Flash to see the slideshow.
Back to top Go down

Lens Culture: The Buddha Project
Page 1 of 1