OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anne

PostSubject: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:00 am

:-) For all who have wished to write/transcribe "Bill's transmission was the same as D.ick's", "face eternal d.amnation", "ho.mo sapiens", "I hate to b.utt in", "knee-j.erk", "risking a b.loody nose", "spaciousness-c.um-awarenness", "we will a.ssemble a resource", and similar in future without the system making out that you are uttering profanities, I can suggest the following...

Into your "banned term" (which using Preview or a hasty Send will alert you to), 1) insert a fullstop, 2) colour your fullstop white, 3) resize your fullstop to "Tiny"* -- this reduces it to size 7 (the text-resizing function is between the video and colour functions, once you have used Preview or Send), 4) change the "7" to "1" in the sizing-code.

Remember, someone will be down on your banned term with an admin delete if you try to get sneaky with this one! (-:

* Really it doesn't matter what you resize it to, as you will need to change the size-figure anyway. Once you know the colour and size formatting-codes, these can be typed directly into your text, without using the function-buttons.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 am

Anne wrote:

Remember, someone will be down on your banned term with an admin delete if you try to get sneaky with this one! (-:

Yes, and possibly more than an admin delete
Back to top Go down
http://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Isan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 am

Lise wrote:
Yes, and possibly more than an admin delete

Lise,

Good to see you're still on patrol :-)
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am

Yep, I still make the rounds once in awhile Smile

I think my message above was grouchier than I intended, sorry. I hope people can express themselves as they need to.

I would like to say, though, that if the instruction set above generates too much extra work for admins in removing banned terms and putting people in forum time-out, we can't leave the post up. Those who are interested should probably copy Anne's comment in case it has to be removed. Hopefully that won't happen.
Back to top Go down
http://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 pm

:-) Yes, I hope we will keep our jackets on, Lise. (-:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)   

Back to top Go down

Respectable "banned terms" and how to get away with them :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1