OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zen Has No Morals

Go down 
+17
david.
Stan Giko
breljo
Carol
Kozan
Nicky
Henry
jack
Mia
glorfindel
Diana
chisanmichaelhughes
Anne
Ikuko
Jcbaran
Isan
Christopher Hamacher
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Christopher Hamacher

Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty7/9/2012, 7:27 am

First topic message reminder :

[Admin note: this topic was split from the "Some Fundamental Problems With Zen Practice" thread. If anyone has trouble accessing the paper via the link please let us know]

I have just finished a more in-depth paper on this issue which is now available on the web:

http://www.thezensite.com/ZenEssays/CriticalZen/Zen_Has_No_Morals.pdf

I look forward to any comments!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty11/30/2012, 3:34 am

Incarcerated
I imprisoned myself with thoughts of
Who I am
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty11/30/2012, 10:20 am

With the silly season bearing down on us, and the spiked egg-nog soon to flow, and keyboards/keypads always within reach, today's editorial comment is brought to you by Rule 6 Very Happy (see below).

I appreciate our forum members reflecting upon the issue of name-calling. When we avoid it on the forum, we're staying out of the muck just a bit better than if we give in to that. And, no small consideration to those of us in the cross-hairs, it's one more thing to minimise risk of legal action for what's said here.

Many thanks,
Lise

6. Be courteous. The following are not allowed: personal
insults/name-calling, racism, swearing, gratuitously offensive material,
personal attacks, and trolling (making controversial posts purely to
stir up an adverse reaction).
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty11/30/2012, 11:01 am

Yes I completely agree with you Lise,

However I must also confess recently to
trying to poison Mater Ko Zan in the 12th century
Putting Master Ko Zan in a hundred year long samadhi
Kicking someone in the****** for feeling the ladies breasts
and Personally attacking Anne and her organic pies on many occasions

You will be pleased to know, I will be booking my annual Christmas therapy courses early this year
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty11/30/2012, 2:35 pm

chisanmichaelhughes wrote:

You will be pleased to know, I will be booking my annual Christmas therapy courses early this year

Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 538897

Book me too, maybe we'll get a discount. I could use some therapy!
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty12/2/2012, 4:44 am

:-) Despite never having made an organic pie, to the best of my recollection (except possibly during my time as a postulant at THP in 1974-5), I have been inundated with advertisements for Food Hygiene Certificate courses, and recently received an order for 5000 curried beetroot and brussel-sprout purée flans from the organisers of the local traditional Yuletide Pie-Throwing Festival...I know exactly whom I hold responsible! ;-)

Last edited by Anne on 12/2/2012, 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For added picturesqueness)
Back to top Go down
chisanmichaelhughes

chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty12/2/2012, 5:21 am

Everytime I go to Morrisons I see in the breakfast cereal aisle a section of Dorset granary cereal,it is not in boxes it is in a sealed plastic bowl for instant consumption..just add milk . It is a little like Jordan granola there is about 2 spoonfuls in the bowl,everytime I see it and see the price of £1.50 I always laugh and think of you!!!
Back to top Go down
Anne

Anne

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty12/2/2012, 7:40 am

:-) Here people save the bowls for the local traditional monthly New Moon Bowl-Smashing Festival, but having found that they (the bowls, not the people) tend to bounce, even when hurled off the Portland Bill lighthouses, steam-rollers festooned in bunting have become a regular part of colourful local culture.

(Perhaps I had better add that the above is a complete myth. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zen Has No Morals   Zen Has No Morals - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zen Has No Morals
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: In Theory and Practice-
Jump to: