OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Thanks"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AuntyEntity

AuntyEntity

"Thanks" Empty
PostSubject: "Thanks"   "Thanks" EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Pardon, what is the "thanks" button? What does it do? It doesn't lock the topic, I hope? confused
Back to top Go down
Kozan
Admin
Kozan

"Thanks" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thanks"   "Thanks" EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:41 pm

No worries, the "thanks" button will not lock your thread. It is only visible and available to the person who starts the thread. And, as far as I know, it is no longer functional. If this is true, I'm not sure why the icon/button still appears.

The Forum originally had a feature which allowed members to "vote" on other member's comments with a plus or minus vote, which contributed to the members "reputation", expressed as a cumulative number of "points". "Thanks" given by the starter of a topic to replies, also contributed to the recipients "reputation".

By consensus, we collectively decided to disable this function of the Forum. I guess it's possible that the "thanks" function was not disabled, although previous thanks votes no longer appear.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEntity

AuntyEntity

"Thanks" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thanks"   "Thanks" EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:38 pm

The consensus speaks to my mind on that issue... Voting on reputation is a bit silly and cruel. But I like the "thanks" button, if it tells someone, "thanks." Smile

Last edited by AuntyEntity on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I pressed "thanks")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Thanks" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thanks"   "Thanks" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Thanks"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: Forum Rules :: Forum Housekeeping-
Jump to: