OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Update on the Singers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ann Trivelpiece

PostSubject: Update on the Singers   Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 am

Someone asked about Shuyu and Gyozan Singer. I googled them and find they are at Univ California Santa Barbara, both involved in working with familes of developmentally challenged children at the Gervirtz Graduate School of Education. Great photos of them there ! Don't know about their kids, Jessie, Matt and Kenneth.

Kyujo Trivelpiece
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstrides.com
Isan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Ann Trivelpiece wrote:
Someone asked about Shuyu and Gyozan Singer. I googled them and find they are at Univ California Santa Barbara, both involved in working with familes of developmentally challenged children at the Gervirtz Graduate School of Education. Great photos of them there ! Don't know about their kids, Jessie, Matt and Kenneth.

Kyujo Trivelpiece

I knew Shuyu and Gyozan quite well. Thanks for the update on their whereabouts.
Back to top Go down
cmpnwtr

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Thank you, Ann. The Singers were important people to me and my wife and our early formation in Zen practice. And they married us in 1973 ( see post at your introduction.) Last I saw George he was working with the Oregon Research Institute in development of programs for the Developmentally disabled. We encountered each other on a running trail in Eugene, and poor George was a little embarassed because there was a friend there running with him, and I'm sure he didn't want me calling him by his religious name or associating him with his monastic career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   

Back to top Go down

Update on the Singers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1