OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on the Singers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ann Trivelpiece

Update on the Singers Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Singers   Update on the Singers Empty5/30/2011, 11:52 am

Someone asked about Shuyu and Gyozan Singer. I googled them and find they are at Univ California Santa Barbara, both involved in working with familes of developmentally challenged children at the Gervirtz Graduate School of Education. Great photos of them there ! Don't know about their kids, Jessie, Matt and Kenneth.

Kyujo Trivelpiece
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstrides.com
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   Update on the Singers Empty5/30/2011, 2:41 pm

Ann Trivelpiece wrote:
Someone asked about Shuyu and Gyozan Singer. I googled them and find they are at Univ California Santa Barbara, both involved in working with familes of developmentally challenged children at the Gervirtz Graduate School of Education. Great photos of them there ! Don't know about their kids, Jessie, Matt and Kenneth.

Kyujo Trivelpiece

I knew Shuyu and Gyozan quite well. Thanks for the update on their whereabouts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   Update on the Singers Empty6/6/2011, 11:34 pm

Thank you, Ann. The Singers were important people to me and my wife and our early formation in Zen practice. And they married us in 1973 ( see post at your introduction.) Last I saw George he was working with the Oregon Research Institute in development of programs for the Developmentally disabled. We encountered each other on a running trail in Eugene, and poor George was a little embarassed because there was a friend there running with him, and I'm sure he didn't want me calling him by his religious name or associating him with his monastic career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Singers   Update on the Singers Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on the Singers
Page 1 of 1