OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Intro - Crystal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystal

New Intro - Crystal Empty
PostSubject: New Intro - Crystal   New Intro - Crystal Empty4/18/2011, 12:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm doing this post correctly but rather than lurk in the background, I decided to introduce myself.

I don't have extensive experience with the Shasta Abbey community. I've been there less than a handful of times most notably during the new years celebration of 2008/2009. It seems as though the monks that I most enjoyed, Rev. Celia and Rev. Sheridan, have left the community recently, which I find interesting.

I can't say that I noticed any cult-like behavior but I stayed the last time for about 10 days or so and did notice a bit of a weird vibe.

~Crystal
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

New Intro - Crystal Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Intro - Crystal   New Intro - Crystal Empty4/18/2011, 5:36 pm

Hi Crystal, welcome to the forum -- it's nice when new folks pop in.

You've probably noticed that members here have a range of exposure to the OBC. Sometimes even those who were infrequent visitors will find they have a lot in common with those who were more involved or are still attending.

No pressure to do so, but please feel free to share your thoughts or impressions if and when you like. I think I can safely say many of us have picked up on unusual vibes at various points in our experience with Shasta Abbey (and other Zen groups too).

best,
Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net

New Intro - Crystal
Page 1 of 1