OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

whereabouts of Berenice Sykes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ani Kalden

PostSubject: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 pm

This is the former Berenice of Shasta now Kalden Wangmo. I have reordained in Tibetan tradition and been living in India since Dec 2008. I am well and happy and plan on staying in India indefinitely. It is thw home of the Buddha after all. Though I think there are some issues within the OBC, I think what do I know. I left Shasta because of Eko and am very glad I trusted my instincts. My email is berenicesykes@gmail.com. If anyone is coming to India please feel free to write. May all beings be well and happy.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Ani Kalden, welcome Smile And thank you for telling us a bit about yourself. It's very good to hear that you are well and enjoying being in India. It must be a wonderful place to explore.

Regards,
Lise
Back to top Go down
http://obcconnect.forumotion.net
chisanmichaelhughes

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Well done Ani for trusting your instincts,and good luck in India
For me there is something awful here, This time it is Eko again, I wonder if he is being shunned, and blamed for it all. He was the Abbot,a high position,someone who could tell that the Abbot of Sojiji did not have a kensho,then you have the bullying. Henry a senior monk being emotionally abused,Amalia a young girl being mistreated,or not helped. The OBC saying there is no problem come and look. I do support a healing and sorting it out process, it does need doing
Back to top Go down
Kyogen

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello Ani-la,

I don't know you at all, having left before you arrived. Still, congratulations on finding a path that works for you. This post looks like a response to a query about your whereabouts, so it could well be that you won't be frequenting this forum. If so, "live long and prosper," as the geeks say. Please feel welcome to add your insights should you visit now and then.

With palms joined,

Kyogen
Back to top Go down
http://www.dharma-rain.org
Diana

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 am

Hi!

I still have a pair of socks that you gave me:-) I think of you often. I'm so glad that you are doing well and are still a monk. To me, you were one of the best models of a monk. I remember asking you once about your choice and you said "I just want to be a monk." So simple. No politics, no power mongering, no search for supernatural powers. And you always seemed to take everything in stride. You always seemed like no matter what was going on, that you were immovable and strong and happy.

I'll never forget your awesome example of being a human being and a monk. So cool to hear from you! And I'm glad you finally got out of those black robes!

Take care,
Diana
Back to top Go down
Henry

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Diana,
How nice to see you appear. Hast thou been lurking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whereabouts of Berenice Sykes   

Back to top Go down

whereabouts of Berenice Sykes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1