OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deborah Hiple

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

Deborah Hiple Empty
PostSubject: Deborah Hiple   Deborah Hiple Empty12/25/2010, 11:11 am

For those who knew Deborah Hiple, a long-standing sangha member, I am sorry to post this sad news. Deborah passed away yesterday at her home in Mt. Shasta after living with cancer for the last couple of years.

She was a graceful, beautiful lady, a very kind soul. Merit to Deborah, to her husband and to all who knew and loved her.

Lise

Last edited by Lise on 1/1/2015, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Laura

Laura

Deborah Hiple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deborah Hiple   Deborah Hiple Empty12/27/2010, 1:18 am

Oh, thank you for letting us know Lise. I knew Deborah and only found out very recently that she had cancer. She was always so kind and generous to all the monks. She was the driving force behind the creation of the Shasta Abbey Cookbook and donated a great deal of her time to that effort. She helped me with massage on a number of occasions. I'm very sorry to hear of her death.
Back to top Go down
Diana

Deborah Hiple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deborah Hiple   Deborah Hiple Empty12/29/2010, 7:22 pm

Thank you for letting us know, Lise.

Deborah was a kind woman and very much loved in the whole Mt. Shasta community, not just the OBC. She will be missed.

Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

Deborah Hiple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deborah Hiple   Deborah Hiple Empty12/29/2010, 7:31 pm

Laura, me too -- it is hard to think of her being gone. I didn't know her well but the few times we spoke (several years ago) I was impressed with her gentle and fun-loving spirit.

I think of her whenever I pick up my copy of the Cookbook. She shared great recipes and I will post some of them in a new thread, hopefully this weekend.

Diana, I just saw your message -- you're right, she touched many in Mt. Shasta and in much wider circles, I'm sure.

I wish she had had more time.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Deborah Hiple Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deborah Hiple   Deborah Hiple Empty

Back to top Go down

Deborah Hiple
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OBC Connect :: OBC Connect :: In Memoriam-
Jump to: