OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai

Go down 
+2
mstrathern
Jcbaran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty
PostSubject: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 10:00 am

Just curious exactly what happened to Mokurai? Anyone know the story?

And Myozen? Last I heard, she had married this Japanese guy and moved to Canada somewhere? Any news after that?

They were Kennett's first two disciples from Japan.
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 11:05 am

Ed (Mokurai) Cherlin's LinkedIn pages are at:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cherlin
and last email I have for him is:
echerlin@gmail.com

I have come across Ed on a couple of occasions since I left, once in the 90s(?) when he was working from his home in Dunsmuir(?) on projects to do with the APL computer programming language and more recently through his work with the One Laptop Per Child charity.
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 11:26 am

Jcbaran wrote:
Just curious exactly what happened to Mokurai? Anyone know the story?

And Myozen? Last I heard, she had married this Japanese guy and moved to Canada somewhere? Any news after that?

They were Kennett's first two disciples from Japan.

On this forum's home page near the bottom is an entry that shows the newest registered user and Mokurai was listed a while back. I haven't seen any posts from him though.
Back to top Go down
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 12:07 pm

I just bumped into this video of Ed Mokurai talking about his project. Not sure what year this video was recorded. Assume it was a few years ago.

http://blip.tv/file/1192183
Back to top Go down
Robert
Admin
Robert

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 3:58 pm

Hi,

If you check the membership list link at the top of the page, it'll give you the dates when people have come here. Mokurai is listed there on Nov 11. You can see a full list of registered users there.

Best wishes,
Robert.
Back to top Go down
Jimyo

Jimyo

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 4:48 pm

Robert, where is this link; I can't find it?
Back to top Go down
mstrathern
Admin
mstrathern

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 5:15 pm

I think that that is because Robert is a moderator and can access the members list, but us poor mere contributors cannot.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/22/2010, 6:32 pm

This is my doing -- I don't give people enough info when they become moderators. (Sorry Robert, my bad.)

The list is hidden because some members might be too intimidated to post if they saw certain names, and others have used their real names here even though they don't have to. There are always trolls out there looking to stir things up and I don't want to make it easier for them.

Hope this clarifies -- sorry for the confusion, which is my fault.

L.
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Jimyo

Jimyo

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/23/2010, 4:02 am

Lise, I wonder if it would be possible to get a list of those who have registered on here? Maybe just to be emailed, on request, and if you feel OK about sending it to the person concerned.

"No" is an acceptable answer if you don't feel right about doing that for any reason, or no reason.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty11/23/2010, 9:14 am

Jimyo, I think it's best to keep it private. I'd feel badly if releasing the list caused a problem for someone.

Not to take Josh's thread too far astray, but this is a good juncture to mention a related topic: that admins & moderators can see when everyone logs on or visits the site even if a person has changed their profile status to show "hidden". Most experienced forum users probably know that, but some may not. The policy here is not to disclose that any individual is logging on as a "hidden" user. I believe each person has the right to keep their online presence hidden if that makes them more comfortable with viewing the forum.

Happy to talk more about this if anyone wishes, and if so I'll be splitting the thread so look for it under Forum Housekeeping -

Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai   Question:  Whatever happened to Mokurai Empty

Back to top Go down

Question: Whatever happened to Mokurai
Page 1 of 1