OBC Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lise
Admin
Lise

East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty
PostSubject: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty1/26/2015, 10:58 pm

Josh, I hope you and yours are in a cozy spot from which you can watch the snow pile up.  Give us an eye-witness report from Manhattan when you can -

best,
Lise
Back to top Go down
https://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Isan
Admin
Isan

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty1/27/2015, 9:55 am

Lise wrote:
Josh, I hope you and yours are in a cozy spot from which you can watch the snow pile up.  Give us an eye-witness report from Manhattan when you can

Blizzard Apocalypse! :-)  Fortunately NYC wasn't hit as hard as expected and the travel ban has been lifted.  Eagerly awaiting Josh's eye witness news report.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty1/27/2015, 3:09 pm

Maybe he's out in Central Park, sledding funny  I know I would be.
Back to top Go down
Carol

Carol

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty2/2/2015, 11:31 pm

So much for the apocalypse. It didn't hit New York after all! Now we know how the 7th Day Adventists must feel when the world hasn't ended as predicted -- yet, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jcbaran

Jcbaran

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty2/2/2015, 11:54 pm

cold, icy, but pretty standard for Jan / Feb... Park Avenue quieter tonight.  likely very icy streets and sidewalks tomorrow, so one must walk with full attention. snow no more at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Carol

Carol

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty2/5/2015, 7:44 pm

My daughter takes the Metro North - Harlem line. Valhala is two stops from Pleasantville. Fortunately, she was on the train before the one that crashed. I'm shocked at the whole event and sad at the death of the  commuters and the driver of the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin
Lise

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty2/13/2015, 10:37 pm

Carol, me too, this story just stays with me and I can't imagine the fallout from it, for all the families.

I always think train travel is safe because trains can't fall out of the sky, but they aren't that safe. Like cars, I guess, and anything else.

I hope all is well with your daughter and that she likes New York. It's a different world, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran   East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran Empty

Back to top Go down

East Coast blizzard apocalypse / status check on Mr. Baran
Page 1 of 1