OBC Connect

A site for those with an interest in the Order of Buddhist Contemplatives, past or present, and related subjects.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rev. Alexis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mokuan

PostSubject: Rev. Alexis   Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 am

Rev. Alexis Barringer has been killed in a motor vehicle accident.  Apparently, a woman crossed the center line and hit his vehicle head on.  Rev. Alexis had re-entered monastic life and was living at North Cascades.  I don't have any more information than this.   It's very sad.
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:43 am

mokuan wrote:
Rev. Alexis Barringer has been killed in a motor vehicle accident.  Apparently, a woman crossed the center line and hit his vehicle head on.  Rev. Alexis had re-entered monastic life and was living at North Cascades.

Thanks for posting this.  There's a bit more information from Seikai, and discussion on Facebook.  I'm certain I knew Alexis, but can't remember his face.  Perhaps someone could post a picture?
Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:19 am

Thank you, Isan.  I found Seikai's post.  Yes, you knew Rev. Alexis, but at the time he was a novice, there were like 20 or more of us and we all looked the same!
Back to top Go down
Isan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 am

mokuan wrote:
Thank you, Isan.  I found Seikai's post.  Yes, you knew Rev. Alexis, but at the time he was a novice, there were like 20 or more of us and we all looked the same!

Yes, shaven heads and wearing the same robes has that effect :-) 

By the way, Sophia said that there's a picture of Alexis on the Shasta Abbey website, but I couldn't find it.  If anyone is able to find it please post a link.
Back to top Go down
mokuan

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:33 am

I couldn't find the photo that Sophia was talking about either.  However, I've sent a note to Berthold to see if he might have one.  I have a group photo taken in the early '80s, but I don't know how well that will transfer here.
Back to top Go down
indira

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm

I remember Rev Alexis very well from my time as a youngster and young adult at the Abbey. Always liked him tremendously.  Very sad...
Back to top Go down
Lise
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:49 am

Wishing peace to him and comfort to his loved ones. I feel badly for the person who caused his death, whatever the circumstances were.
Back to top Go down
http://obcconnect.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev. Alexis   

Back to top Go down

Rev. Alexis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1